|Permanent, full time
|Location: StairBox Head Office, Unit S94,St. Modwen Park Stoke South, Gordon Banks Drive, Trentham Lakes North, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST4 4TW
StairBox are a leading UK manufacturer and supplier of timber staircases and stair parts. Offering exceptional quality at the most competitive prices on the market is central to our business.
All of our staircases are made in our Stoke-on-Trent based factory using the very latest in staircase manufacturing technology, ensuring consistently high levels of accuracy in production. Stairs are then assembled by hand before being finished to perfection and then delivered to the customer by our own fleet of delivery vehicles!
We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a work environment that is diverse, inclusive and welcoming to all. Our aim is for StairBox colleagues to be a true representation of all sections of society. We are committed to the Health and Safety of our Colleagues being our top priority.
- Working Hours Monday to Thursday , 07.00 - 16.30, Friday 07.00 - 16.00
- Overtime available - Based on production targets
- Ensuring correct material is loaded to the machine
- Loading pre-set programs from our internal system
- Applying QR labels to machined components
- Checking quality of the finished product and unloading from the machine
- Manual handling of staircase components
- Replacing cutters as required to ensure good quality components
- Meeting production and quality targets
- Operating within a fast-paced, efficient environment
- Working safely - maintaining a high level of health and safety standards and keeping a tidy work area
We know you will have a wide skill set, but to thrive in this role we think you will need;
- Exceptional time keeping and reliability
- A willingness to learn new skills, passion for quality and continuous improvement
- A background in a manufacturing environment is advantageous
- A desire to understand the product we manufacture
- Steel toe- cap boots/ trainers. Essential for day one!
- Organised with exceptional attention to detail
Why should you join us?
- We are a niche local company in Stoke-on-Trent with growth plans for the industry.
- Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, and Wellness programme
- We want to see you grow and do great things! We’re committed to your personal and professional development
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Enhanced Auto- Enrolment Pension & Health Plan
- Referral Programme
- Reward Programme for suggestions you put forward and are implemented into the business!
- Staff discount across Grafton Group businesses
- Free On-site Parking
- We also do fundraising in the community and offer paid time off for voluntary work!
Even if you do not meet all of the above criteria, please consider applying! We may have something of interest coming up and will retain your CV on file for up to three months.
StairBox is an equal-opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note all Offers of Employment with StairBox are subject to satisfactory references.
At Stairbox, we have a zero-tolerance on drugs and alcohol. All employees are subject to Drugs and Alcohol screening upon joining the company and may be selected at random for drug & alcohol screening during their employment.